How to annotate text in a patent
Highlighting text to add annotations
You can add a custom note to specific parts of a patent. When you highlight text on a patent page, the annotation input will appear.
- Write text to save your comment
- Or leave it blank and copy a link to easily share with others
- Create discussion threads referencing your annotation
You can choose to keep your annotations private or share them across projects. Use the checkbox next to "Visible in other projects" to manage this.
- Shared annotations are visible to you in other projects and also visible to your team
- You can see which project the annotation came from
- Users with access to the project can click on the project title to view the project that the annotation came from
Viewing and managing annotations
Existing annotations will be highlighted in your text. Pale yellow highlights indicate the annotation is from the current project. Grey highlights indicate a shared annotation from another project.
- Click on highlighted text to view the annotation
- If it is your annotation, you can edit or delete
- For shared annotations from another user, you will be able to view, copy a link, and create a discussion